Tackling infectious diseases requires policymakers and scientists to work together. Policy solutions to address infectious diseases involve trade-offs between values and may lead to ethical dilemmas. The Ethics and Policy Lab’s main aims are to bridge the gap between science and public policy and to make ethical dimensions of research and policy decisions transparent. To do so, we offer a variety of services to MCID researchers and to policymakers. We also conduct basic research on political and ethical aspects of infectious diseases, as well as applied research and policy evaluations on behalf of public administration.
Our services to MCID researchers include:
- trainings on public policy and ethics
- advice on how to engage in policymaking
- support in conducting ethical analysis
- support in drafting policy recommendations, policy briefs and white papers
- identify ethical aspects of and policy-relevant research within MCID